Texts From Jane Eyre is another very witty and clever book that I highly recommend for a change of pace and a good laugh. The book is comprised of short “screenshots” of text conversations between some of literature’s most memorable characters and authors, including Jane Eyre (hence the title), some done in a modern style and some retaining their classic voices.
(Photo Credit: Google Images)
Because it’s such a short book and again, I don’t want to spoil it for you, here are just a few classic characters you will “chat” with:
- “where did the pigs come from Circe?”
- “i don’t know, a pig farm, a pig mommy and a pig daddy who loved each other very much…”
- Jane Eyre:
- “I KNEW IT. DID YOU LEAVE BECAUSE OF MY ATTIC WIFE IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT”
- “yes. Absolutely.”
- “darling i don’t mean to criticize but you really hurt your father’s feelings last night”
- “hes not my real dad. why do you even like him”
- Nancy Drew:
- “do you think you can come get me?”
- “are you tied up again?”
- “i’m just over at the cave by the old mill”
- “so you’re tied up…in a cave.”
If you giggled at any one (or all!) of these, then you’ll really enjoy the rest. It’s a perfect way to get to “connect” with some of your favorite literary characters in one place. It’s fast paced, light fare, and well worth checking out!