I came across this really seasonally awesome tag (even though it isn’t book related) from Kourtni at Kourtni Reads, that I thought would be a fun way to celebrate the spirit of Halloween!
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
Um, I wouldn’t really want to go into a dark forest or an abandoned building, let alone run into something I wouldn’t want to run into!
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
No, no, definitely not. Those things freak me out!
4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
JAWS! OMG, he freaked me out. I’m still not a fan of swimming in the ocean because of this one, despite Shark Week’s attempt to teach me that sharks just have a bad rep.
(Photo Credit: Google Images)
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I used to work as an equine vet tech on night shift, and occasionally I’d hear stuff that would creep me out, but one night especially: I was in the isolation barn, and I had one patient, way in the back of the barn, behind two sets of heavy doors. The horse had been there awhile, so I was familiar with what she getting for medications, and she was only on oral meds. But during that night, I swear I heard a fluid pump go off in the barn, and shuffling in a stall that was very close to the pharmacy where I spent most of my time. Totally creeped me out- but at the same time, I wasn’t surprised. The isolation barn was many a horse’s last stop.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
7. Are you superstitious?
Yeah, I’d say so. There are some things that I’d rather be superstitious about than not- you know, like saying something and then knocking on wood before it can be proven untrue.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
I tell myself no.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
Truth be told, I’m always creeped out by urban legends, so I guess one doesn’t scare me more than another. Being a Vermonter, I grew up with the legend of Champ aka “America’s Loch Ness Monster”; the sightings of Bigfoot; and more creepy ghost stories than you’d want to know! So I just take everything with a grain of salt and hope for the best.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers, definitely. Gore gives me nightmares.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I think you have to- the world is a big place, and we’ve proven that there is a lot out there that humans don’t know about. I guess you could say I’m open to the prospect, but not searching for it.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
Haha do mud pies count?
13. Do you get scared easily?
YES. I have a very impressionable imagination.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I believe in evil, and that it can take many forms.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Pray it’s the cat.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I try to not watch scary movies (see question 13), so I’ll keep this real PG and say Hocus Pocus, hahaha.
(Photo Credit: Giphy.com)
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
I think Kourtni nailed this answer- I too wouldn’t mind wearing a Hogwarts uniform! #HufflepuffPride
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
I have, and it creeps me out.
20. In a zombie apocalypse, what is your weapon of choice?
I guess a gun- I don’t relish the idea of getting close to a zombie.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
Oh lawd, I’m so definitely the first to die. I can’t run, and I’m kinda gullible so I’d be all, yeah, let’s follow the creep guy!
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
YES. Ugh, my dreams get crazy. Shoot, I’m still having Hunger Games nightmares (though I’m extremely talented in archery in them!)
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Cross between yelling and eyes closed.
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
In my younger days, I was the one who did the scaring. Now, I’m the one who gets scared. Adulthood is terrifying, y’all.
26. Favorite scary book?
I probably haven’t read anything scarier than Carrie by Stephen King, because I can’t handle scary stories. I also read this back in high school as part of an assignment, and I kept asking my teacher if I could read something else. She wouldn’t let me.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I have no idea- probably a teenager.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
A really cool aunt, LOL. I’m trunk-or-treating with my nieces and nephew this year, because I only had three trick-or-treaters last year! #ruralsmalltownprobs
30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
I’d definitely take a cat. I mean I already have two, what’s one more? #catladyprobs