Danielle @ the Introverted Book Nerd posted this tag and had some great answers. I’ve been super busy this month (November tends to be chaotic for me for many reasons) and since I haven’t had much reading time, I thought I would do this tag today, in the hopes that I’ll get to catch up this week. So here we go- another #booktag!
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
One at a time, most times. Sometimes I’ll read a nonfiction and fiction book at the same time, but that’s my max- over two, I lose focus.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
If I am reading more than one, I’ll read the fiction novel when I have a lot of time to read. I can skim through the nonfiction and read it in small chunks- easier for me to absorb the information that way anyways.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Hahaha… I lose bookmarks all the time, so yeah I do. A paper napkin to a sticky note or a spare bit of paper… just a long as I don’t lose my place, I don’t care what holds the page!
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
On my nightstand, in my purse, on my desk, or the side table next to the couch.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
I almost always read on my lunch break, so that’s the most consistent reading time, but I also read for hours before bed. It helps me unwind and sometimes helps me fall asleep… although I’m entirely guilty of reading way past my bedtime because I couldn’t put a book down.
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
I can read for hours, but I usually need a break after a 2 or so hours.
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
Off, haha. They slip when I keep them on and I can’t deal with it, haha.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
Sitting with the book resting on the desk or the arm of the couch. But the next most is laying on the bed, on my back, book in hands.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Yes. And I also tote the next book on the TBR pile with me too, for when I finish the current read.
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I just joined Goodreads last week, so I’m still getting the hang of things… so I guess I’ll plead the fifth on this one!
Anyone who wants to do this tag is more than welcome!! I hope you all enjoy!
Categories: Book Tags