I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! Malanie at Malanie Loves Fiction nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I’m seriously blushing guys! I’m seriously feeling the love! Coming from a blogger whose posts always make me giggle or want to read something, I am blown away! Thank you so much Malanie, I truly appreciate it!!
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees
So, funny thing about the timing of this nomination- the day before I was nominated, I was challenged by my wonderful bookish friend Megan at What Megan Reads to join in on the Get To Know The Bookstagrammer tag. So, I put together some photos with some fun facts- so I’ll share them here!
My Seven Fun Facts!
- I love horses! As if you didn’t know already, haha. I don’t own my own horse (they’re expensive fur-children), but I’ve worked with and ridden them since I was fourteen.
- I love going to live concerts- the louder, the better! Since I’ve moved to Kentucky, I try to make it to at least one concert a year because where I grew up, you had to drive a minimum of 2 hours away to see anyone of note perform. Here, I can get to three different venues in less than one hour!
- I enjoy hunting. I come from a long line of hunters, and I passed my hunter’s safety course when I was ten, and got my first deer when I was eleven. I love spending time in the woods with my father, grandfather, uncles, and siblings, and I really love being able to fill my freezer! Also, for anyone who is anti-hunting, I respect your position, but I don’t want any debates here. This is just me sharing a bit of myself.
- I’m a total cat lady. I have two of my own, Junior and Millie, and I grew up with three cats- Hootie, Hazel, and Penny.
- I love to travel! I have only left the USA once (Oh, Canadaaa), but I love roadtrips and exploring new places. I’ve been to 24 states so far, and want to see the other 26! Also, my wanderlust dream is to venture off to Europe someday.
- I hate cooking. I want to be one of those Rachel Ray- types, but even when I’m really trying, I still manage to overcook (ahem, burn to a crisp) or under cook everything. Therefore, my microwave is the most important cooking appliance I own. My sister got the chef genes in our family.
- I am an auntie many times over. My brother and his wife gave me a nephew and two nieces, and my other-brother and his significant-other just recently gave me another niece! I live close to my brother and his family, and it has been a joy to see those kiddos grow up and learn new things, and the laughter is endless with them! Oh, also, I’m an auntie to many of my friend’s fur-children!
I nominate the following lovely bloggers…
- Christine @ witchlike
- Jasmine @ Traverse Blueprint
- Katelyn @ The Vermont Eventer
- Shannon @ That Daring Darling
- Rachel @ Parks and Rach
- Chad @ Obscure Vermont
- Krystal @ KrystalFawn
- Sarah @ Heartstring Eulogies
…for their strong, independent writing. You all write about the things you are passionate about, and even though I don’t know you, as a reader of your blogs, I can glimpse your personalities and interests based on your writing styles. I follow you all because I either share similar interests or feelings about the topics you discussed, and I find that ability to connect to your readers lovely. Thank you and congratulations to you all!
BUT WAIT, there’s more!
I also want to take the time to announce that I’ve gotten 200 followers on WordPress, 300 on Twitter, and 500 on Instagram! I am so thankful for everyone who has taken the time to check out my blog and socials, and I wanted to do something to show my appreciation! So I’m doing another giveaway!! This time, the prize is a gorgeous copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, a cute palm-sized notebook, and a bookmark!
Here are the entry rules:
- United States entries only. (Sorry all my international followers, it’s not you, it’s me. I’m still trying to figure out the international shipping system)
- Real accounts only- no spammers!
- Follow my blog, and comment below that you’ve followed (or are already following!)
- For a bonus entry- follow @thelexbookie on Twitter!
- For a bonus entry- follow TheLexingtonBookie on Instagram!
- Entries are open now, and close on Tuesday, February 27th (2017) at 12am EDT. I will announce the winner here and on social media, and contact the winner, on Wednesday, February 28th! The winner will have 24 hours to claim their prize!
Good luck everyone, and again, thank you all for inspiring and motivating me, as well as celebrating with me!