I decided to do the Twenty Questions Book Tag, from the ladies at Thrice Read.
1. How many books are too many books in a book series?
I get a little over it after four books, but if the series is so amazing I can’t put it down- well then, there are never too many. (Here’s looking at you, J.K. Rowling.)
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
It’s a surefire way to agitate me, lol.
3. Hardcopy or paperback?
If I’m collecting, I like the look of hardcovers in a series, but otherwise I’m not picky.
4. Favorite book?
Hmmmm…. I still really couldn’t choose!
5. Your least favorite book?
Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. God, that was the worst book I had to read in AP English.
6. Love triangles, yes or no?
Meh. I think they’re cliche, but if it’s not the center of the plot, I’m okay with it.
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
The Last Heiress by Mary Ellis- I just couldn’t get into it, so I DNF’d it.
8. A book you’re currently reading?
Safe Haven, by Nicholas Sparks
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
I just recommended Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy to my bestie!
10. The oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
According Goodreads, the oldest book on my read list is Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With The Wind, from 1937. I may have read older, but I’m not sure exact publication dates on the classics- and I’m too lazy to really search, haha.
11. The newest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
Rose & Poe by Jack Todd, published on October 17, 2017. I have a handful of 2018 books on my TBR, but I’ll get to them mid-year at the pace I’m going so far.
12. Favorite author?
Oh God, another favorite I couldn’t possibly choose!
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
Borrowing. I only buy if I’m completing a collection or have read the other so many times, I know I’ll enjoy their new book unread.
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
Based on my Instagram demographic, everyone really seemed to enjoy Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and it definitely wasn’t something I’d rave about.
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
*Hangs head* both. I know I shouldn’t dog-ear, but sometimes I’d rather do that than lose my place.
16. A book you can always reread?
Any of the Harry Potter books, obviously.
17. Can you read while hearing music?
Yes, but eventually I turn it down in increments until you can barely hear it if I’m that absorbed in the book.
18. One POV or multiple POV?
I like both, but I do enjoy multiple points of view. I think it’s interesting to see all sides of the story.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
I have read books in one sitting before, but that’s a rarity. I usually read over multiple days.
20. One book you read because of the cover.
House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy. The cover was haunting and creepy, so I thought it would be an interesting book.
Categories: Book Tags