July is one of my favorite months of the year- the weather (even when I complain about the heat, I will take it over freezing!), the long summer days, the cookouts! I also know that all this fun comes with less reading time. So, I busted my butt the last few months to get ahead in reading of this month, which allowed me to review these seven books:
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
- The Book of Polly by Kathy Hepinstall
I also wrote about how I found Not Your Mama’s Book Club in my local vicinity, and joined the awesome group of ladies in a semi-monthly book discussion, which was a huge hit!!
I’m also hoping you all have noticed something different about the blog- that’s right, I changed the theme AGAIN. It all started with the blog audit I mentioned back in my June Wrap-Up. Once I started making changes, I realized that the last theme wasn’t working for me anymore- hence what you see now! I also made some tweaks to other static pages, and will continue working on small changes throughout the site. Other new things to note on the blog:
- Book Blogger Directories (feel free to share and contact/follow me to add yourself to the list!)
- Bookie Acronyms & Terms Guide (feel free to share or let me know items I should add!)
- Giveaway and Challenges Guidelines
- Past Giveaways
If you guys haven’t checked it out, I definitely suggest you join the blog audit challenge. We’re going on eight weeks of it so far, and my brain is just buzzing with things I want to add and improve on my blog. You all might have some fun with it too!
I’m going to keep this wrap up short this week, and I look forward to getting into August! I’ve decided to do a Classic Literature month, so I’ve dusted off those classic novels I bought to own, but have yet to read. As I said, I’ve been reading to get ahead of my posting schedule, so I’ve already knocked a handful of them off the list and I’m already eager to share some of these reviews with you!!