HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
As the last choruses of “Auld Lang Syne” ring throughout the world, I wanted take a moment to reflect on the books, good and bad, that I’d read over the course of the 2018.
To date, this has been the best reading year I’ve had, reading and reviewing 115 books according to Goodreads! I surpassed my reading goal of 50 books by over 200%, mostly thanks to my newfound love for audiobooks. Almost all of the reviews for the books about to be listed can be found on the Bookie’s Bookshelf.
Alright, let’s get to the summary….
Total Books Read: 112
Total Books on TBR: 65
Total Pages Read: 39,558
Average Rating: 3.7
- The Dogs I Have Kissed by Trista Mateer, 90 pages
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, 960 pages
Books I Gave A 5 Star Rating, Published in 2018
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Vox by Christina Dalcher
- Obscura by Joe Hart
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes
Books I Gave A 5 Star Rating, Backlist Years
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
- The Dogs I Have Kissed by Trista Mateer
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Daughters of the Dragon by William Andrews
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Divergent & Insurgent, both by Veronica Roth
- Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
- Landwhale by Jes Baker
- Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
Books I DNF’d This Year
- Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- Traveling Light by Lynne Branard
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Solstice Festival by Jean DiFalco
- Red Clocks by Leni Zumas
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar
- Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
TOP 10 FAVORITE READS THIS YEAR
10. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
9. Educated by Tara Westover
8. This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
7. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
6. Landwhale by Jes Baker
5. Sadie by Courtney Summers
4. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
3. Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison
2. Obscura by Joe Hart
DRUMROLL…… MY TOP FAVORITE READ OF 2018…….
THE SUMMER GARDEN by Paullina Simons!
It’s a love story, a historical fiction novel, a trilogy that had me emotionally invested from the first novel. It may be from the backlist, but it stands triumphant as my favorite read this year.
Please share your thoughts- agreeing or disagreeing- in the comments below, and if you did a wrap you, please drop your link in the comments. I’d love to see what your yearly wrap up of reads were!
I hope you all had a wonderful 2018, and that your 2019 will be the best year yet!