As usual, I don’t know where the month has gone. Just when I think I’m ahead of my reading/blogging schedule, I’m hustling to catch up! It’s been both challenging to stay a step ahead and motivating to keep me reading.
At any rate, I’ve still managed to get some good reading done this month, and I’m caught up to current reads.
Here’s what I’ve reviewed this month:
- Allegedly by Tiffany Jackson
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
- The Age of Light by Whitney Scharer
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Cassandra by Sharma Shields
- The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce
- The Mermaid’s Voice Returns In This One by Amanda Lovelace
- Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins-Reid
- Useless Magic by Florence Welch
- Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart
- The Perfect Couple by Erin Hilderbrand
I’ve also held my first giveaway of the year on Instagram (if you don’t follow me there, please do to keep on top of those giveaways!). This month’s prize was a collection of non-fiction self-improvement books, perfect for the #newyearnewme (if you’re into that) and new years resolutions! The winner is Elaine from @essentially.elaine!!
The other thing I managed to “accomplish” this month was break my book-buying-ban. I swear, I promised myself that I wouldn’t go out in January because I knew I’d need to recoup some of my losses from overspending on vacation. However, when my #bookstagram buddy Pam at @racingtoread mentioned a local Friends of the Library sale, I just had to check it out. Then, because I was already going to be bookshopping, I asked my friend Amber at The Pedestrian Equestrian if she wanted to hit Half Price Books, and before I knew it, I came home with all of this…
Needless to say, I’m declaring February a no-spend month! I’m determined to do some serious reading and lazing around with these two furballs!