I want to give a huge shout out and thank you to Gunjan of Bookworm Reads for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. This is the second time I’ve been nominated for the award and it always makes me so happy to know that someone out there is enjoying this blog! Also, it’s a great opportunity to highlight some really awesome bloggers that I follow and whose blogs I really enjoy!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your website showing the award.
- Describe the story of why you started your blog.
- Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees that you have nominated them.
Why I Started Blogging:
You can read the whole spiel here on my About page, but the short version is, I made reading and writing my New Years resolutions and decided to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak, I love birds!). Then, I came to find out there’s a whole awesome book blog universe out there!
Advice For New Bloggers:
- Don’t be afraid to comment or engage on other posts (as long as it’s positive or constructive). I was super intimidated by that when I was starting out, but now I love dropping a line, and have found other bloggers like to chat too!
- Be honest and authentic. Stay true to yourself, your likes and dislikes, and don’t worry about what others think. You’re here for you, to share your thoughts. Also, don’t compare yourself to others- you are unique, and so is your blog!
I nominate the following super cool bloggers for The Blogger Recognition Award.
- Carol of Reading Ladies
- Misty of Misty’s Book Space
- Beth of Bibliobeth
- Christine of Purple Manatees
- Sara of The Bibliophagist
- Jill of Jill’s Book Blog
- Berit of Audio Killed the Bookmark
- Deanna of Dee Reads Things
- Steff of Reader Fox
- Amanda of MetalPhantasmReads
These bloggers always make me feel so supported and I love hearing their thoughts and seeing what they’re reading! Also, if you’re looking for more great book blogs, check out my directory! If you are a WordPress book blogger and not on it, let me know- I’d love to add you and support your blog!