Happy Fall Y’all!
It’s my favorite time of the year, and though I’m heading into my busy season (because no matter how busy I am, it can ALWAYS get busier…) I’m really looking forward to this time of year for all the wonderful and exciting fall activities! It’s been a little too hot (um, 90 degrees in September?) to start pulling out the scarves and sweaters, but I’ve hauled out the fall decor- including some fall-themed tea towels that I admitted to snagging on my #bookstagram. But seriously- they’re so cute, see?
Anyways, let’s jump right into this month’s wrap up. Here are the books I managed to read and review (mostly thanks to audiobooks and my Kindle) during the month of September:
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Whisper Man by Alex North
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott
- Toil and Trouble: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs
- The Girl in the Letter by Emily Gunnis
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Cilka’s Journey by Heather Morris
Because I tried to squeeze in a bunch of reviews this month, I only was able to do one Thought Piece, about Banned and Challenged Books Week, and one collaboration, which was Part 2 of Crooked Book Recommendations. Both show some excellent reading suggestions to diversify your reads and push you out of your comfort zone, which is one of my favorite things about reading!
As far as the blogging journey goes, I wanted to give you all a few updates.
The first is that I have upgraded to a Premium account, which is why the colors have changed a bit on my layout. I thought the blue was a softer, more soothing atmosphere than the red-orange of the past, so I hope you all like it (if you do, please say so!). Also, this upgrade means that there are ads on pretty much everything, and these help contribute a small commission to me (in the last two weeks, I’ve made almost $1.00, lol).
That being said, I have been looking into becoming self-hosted and moving over to WordPress.org, so if anyone has any words of wisdom on migrating, HIT ME UP. I want to make sure you all can find me after I move, and if I can get my ducks in a row, expect this transition going into the new year, 2020.
Second, I have added some new pages and shuffled around a few old ones. Please check out the updates to:
- About page (now with headers for About topics)
- About the Blogger (additional info about my equestrian life and how it influences my book life)
- Features and Collaborations (for easy access!)
- Book By Specific Genre (under the Bookie’s Bookshelf, now broken into Book Series, Classic Novels, and Nonfiction. Nonfiction also has a streamlined layout with individual pages for specific topics.)
Lastly, I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you for helping me reach 600 followers! You all are THE BEST.