Here is a collection of my blogging goals and New Year Resolutions for The Lexington Bookie (from most recent to least recent).
2019 Goals & Resolutions
With the start of 2019, I am officially celebrating the THREE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY of The Lexington Bookie! It all began in 2016 with the resolution to start a blog and read more books, and I can honestly say that every year since has gotten me more and more hooked in the book blogger universe… read more here!
- Become self-hosted!
- Host a Giveaway every month.
- Reach 500 followers
- Reach 500+ views every month
- Support and give back to the bookish community.
- Become active on Edelweiss.
- Read 75 books (and same for the Goodreads Challenge).
To be determined in December 2019!
2018 Goals & Resolutions
2017 had a lot of ups and downs for me, but overall it’s been a huge year of self growth, personally and professionally. In terms of this lil’ blog, I’m starting to get a good sense of where I want it to go, and what I’m doing. Where it all started as a way to keep track of everything I’ve read, it’s truly become a fun creative outlet for me. I hope to continue exploring the book-blog world and seeing how far I can take The Lexington Bookie in 2018.
- Read 50 books, but surpass the goal by more than last year’s margin.
- Do the Goodreads Challenge (50 Books)
- Give back to the local reading community, somehow.
- Reach 250 followers on the blog.
- Upgrade blog to a Personal WordPress Plan, and own my domain name.
To date, this has been the best reading year I’ve had, and the biggest growth on my blog yet… read more here!
- Read 112 books, more than double my goal, thanks to my discovery of audiobooks!
- Finished the Goodreads Challenge!
- I created a Little Free Library and had it approved to be posted in town.
- I reached, then surpassed, 250 followers on the blog!
- I made the leap and upgraded my WordPress plan. I decided it wanted to take this blog seriously and run it like a business, so this was a big first step!
- Additionally, I joined NetGalley and started receiving my first book review requests.
2017 Goals & Resolutions
After a successful first year of blogging, I wanted to push myself more and explore the book blogging world.
- Read 50 books, or about one book a week.
- Post about one a week, with a goal of 50 posts.
- Complete the #unreadbookshelfproject, in which I was to read all the unread books on my physical bookshelf (30 books).
- Hold my first giveaway and Instagram challenge.
- I’ve read 60 Books
- Posted 72 Blog Posts
- Completed the #unreadbookshelfproject… only to join Goodreads and add almost 90 books to my want-to-read shelf.
- Held first giveaway, but did not succeed in creating and hosting an Instagram challenge.
- Additionally created social media accounts for The Lexington Bookie through Twitter and Instagram.
2016 Goals & Resolutions
I started this blog to achieve the following resolutions:
- Read more books.
- Start and maintain a book blog, in which I discuss the books I have read.
After my first year of blogging, I would say I have followed through on my resolutions!
- Successfully read 32 books
- Reviewed 32 books