Here is a collection of my blogging goals and New Year Resolutions for The Lexington Bookie (from most recent to least recent).
2020 Goals & Resolutions
2020 kicks off my 4th year of consistent blogging, and I’m so proud of 2016 me for jumping in feet first with The Lexington Bookie. *Self high-fives* Each year I push and challenge myself more to help grow this blog, and I’ve already made lots of big plans for 2020 (read more here). In it’s simplest form, here’s what I aim to accomplish:
- Read 96 books as my Goodreads Challenge.
- Transition posting schedule from three posts per week to four.
- Hold four seasonal giveaways.
- Reach 1000 followers
- Reach 1000 views every month
- Continue marketing and growing outreach to the local community as a resource.
To be determined in December 2020!
2019 Goals & Resolutions
With the start of 2019, I am officially celebrating the THREE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY of The Lexington Bookie! It all began in 2016 with the resolution to start a blog and read more books, and I can honestly say that every year since has gotten me more and more hooked in the book blogger universe… read more here!
- Become self-hosted!
- Host a Giveaway every month.
- Reach 500 followers
- Reach 500+ views every month
- Support and give back to the bookish community.
- Become active on Edelweiss.
- Read 75 books (and same for the Goodreads Challenge).
- Went from Premium WordPress.com blog to a Basic WordPress.org blog, which was a total failure. Read more about that here. Then switched to a Business WordPress.com blog, and voilá!
- Sooo, the giveaway game was strong through April, then due to my schedule and funds, I had to switch to bi-monthly for May-August, and then I just couldn’t make things come together from September-December. I did try to collaborate with a giveaway for November/December, but things fell through the cracks. I tried guys. Next year, I’d like to attempt seasonal (four) giveaways, which I’ll preplan for during my slow season this winter.
- Finally, a success! Thank you to the amazing folks who started following me- I gained 250 of you this year, totaling over 700 followers!
- Another success, although I intentionally set the bar low on this one. I had over 1000 views on my blog every month, some twice that, this year. I’ll cap out around 25,000 views this year, which is phenomenally exceptional growth from my 6,000 views in 2018. THANK YOU ALL!
- I have tried like hell to support the bookish community, and I created a local bookstagrammers group on Facebook to help encourage local book discussion. I’d like to grow this more in 2020.
- Oh Edelweiss… I added some reviews and got one review request, but it still intimidates and sort of baffles me. I want to work on this more in 2020.
- Reading success and challenge met! I’ve read 108 books this year (116 if you count DNF reviews)
2018 Goals & Resolutions
2017 had a lot of ups and downs for me, but overall it’s been a huge year of self growth, personally and professionally. In terms of this lil’ blog, I’m starting to get a good sense of where I want it to go, and what I’m doing. Where it all started as a way to keep track of everything I’ve read, it’s truly become a fun creative outlet for me. I hope to continue exploring the book-blog world and seeing how far I can take The Lexington Bookie in 2018.
- Read 50 books, but surpass the goal by more than last year’s margin.
- Do the Goodreads Challenge (50 Books)
- Give back to the local reading community, somehow.
- Reach 250 followers on the blog.
- Upgrade blog to a Personal WordPress Plan, and own my domain name.
To date, 2018 has been the best reading year I’ve had, and the biggest growth on my blog yet… read more here!
- Read 112 books, more than double my goal, thanks to my discovery of audiobooks!
- Finished the Goodreads Challenge!
- I created a Little Free Library and had it approved to be posted in town.
- I reached, then surpassed, 250 followers on the blog!
- I made the leap and upgraded my WordPress plan. I decided it wanted to take this blog seriously and run it like a business, so this was a big first step!
- Additionally, I joined NetGalley and started receiving my first book review requests.
2017 Goals & Resolutions
After a successful first year of blogging, I wanted to push myself more and explore the book blogging world.
- Read 50 books, or about one book a week.
- Post about one a week, with a goal of 50 posts.
- Complete the #unreadbookshelfproject, in which I was to read all the unread books on my physical bookshelf (30 books).
- Hold my first giveaway and Instagram challenge.
- I’ve read 60 Books
- Posted 72 Blog Posts
- Completed the #unreadbookshelfproject… only to join Goodreads and add almost 90 books to my want-to-read shelf.
- Held first giveaway, but did not succeed in creating and hosting an Instagram challenge.
- Additionally created social media accounts for The Lexington Bookie through Twitter and Instagram.
2016 Goals & Resolutions
I started this blog to achieve the following resolutions:
- Read more books.
- Start and maintain a book blog, in which I discuss the books I have read.
After my first year of blogging, I would say I have followed through on my resolutions!
- Successfully read 32 books
- Reviewed 32 books