Welcome to The Lexington Bookie!
About the Blog
I started The Lexington Bookie in 2016 as a fun resolution that combined reading and maintaining a blog. I had started many blogs before without much success, and determined that a book blog would be perfect to keep me reading and motivated. Soon, it became a full-on thrill to read, review, and write about the bookish things I enjoy.
While I’m not a paid professional at writing or book reviewing, I enjoy recommending a good book to others. It thrills me to know that there are people out there who care what I have to say about books, or who agree/disagree with my taste in novels and love to discuss their thoughts. My followers and those that I follow inspire me to read and write, and have fun with this blog.
Blog & Blogger Stats
- Currently over 500+ WordPress followers. Posting book reviews a minimum of 3 times per week, and coordinating posts to social media outlets. Reviews many different genres and discusses book and blog-related content. 1200+ average views per month for the last 6 months.
- Instagram #bookstagrammer since 2017, currently 1950+ followers. Posting images between 3 and 5 times a week, but constantly engaging on the account. Averaging 150 views per week. Reach is about 1500 per week.
- Book Twitter member since 2017, currently 650+ followers. Averaging between 100-400 views per month. Impressions are 4500+ a month.
- Member of Goodreads since November 2017. 340+ ratings with a 3.7 average, and 200+ reviews.
- Estimated followers across all platforms: 3000+
- Member of Not Your Mama’s Book Club, a local book club, since January 2018.
- Enjoys many different genres including fiction, historical fiction, memoirs, classics, contemporary literature, thriller and suspense novels, dystopian, fantasy, humor, and self help.
About the Blogger
My name is Amanda, and I live just outside Lexington, KY. I’m an equine professional, which is why I decided to move to the horse capital from my hometown in Vermont. If you can’t find me in a barn somewhere, I’m usually curled up reading with my two cats, Junior and Millie. My wide taste in reads ranges from non-fiction to fantasy, but I love historical fiction, memoirs, and contemporary literature. My to-be-read pile has grown considerably since I started this blogging escapade, and though I’m making a steady dent in it, it’s ridiculously hard to catch up when I’m constantly adding to it.
I hope you enjoy my selection of reads, and hope you continue to follow me as I delve deeper into the bookish blogger world. Speaking of following, don’t forget to follow me on WordPress and on my social media platforms (Pinterest, Instagram, Goodreads and Twitter) to keep up on my current posts. If you’re already following me, thank you for your support <3.